What is the Step-a-Thon?
- A collaborated event hosted by the UTSA Wellness Committee and the State Employee Charitable Campaign (SECC) Committee in which faculty, staff, and students participate in a healthy walking activity on National Walking Day.
- National Walking Day is about fighting heart disease and stroke, but it’s also about having fun and creating camaraderie, according to the American Heart Association.
What are the goals of the Step-a-Thon?
- To include the entire faculty and staff in a fitness awareness event.
- Raise the funds needed to donate to SECC.
What do faculty and staff do for the Step-a-Thon?
- Submit the registration packet no later than Friday, March 22, 2013.
- All pledge forms and donations are due by Friday, March 29, 2013.
- Join us on Wednesday, April 3, 2013 and walk/run the designated path.
- Enjoy the community partner tables set-up throughout the path.
- Register to participate for either the Main Campus or ITC and Downtown Campus event.
What do faculty and staff gain from the Step-a-Thon?
- An understanding of the importance of exercise
- An appreciation of team work and unity
- Every participant receives a t-shirt on Step-A-Thon Day
- Every participant has a chance to win prizes
What about pledges?
- Sponsors will pledge a set amount (not per lap) depending on their registered location.
- If you prefer not to solicit pledges for this fundraiser, please consider making a minimum $10 donation.
- Complete the Campus Recreation Waiver on ASAP prior to participation.
- Please return pledge sheets and donations no later than March 29, 2013 in a sealed envelope to Elizabeth Ortiz (UH2 1.124).
What happens after the event?
- Participant with the highest dollar amount collected will be awarded a fabulous prize.
- Keepsake t-shirt will be awarded (limited quantity).
- All proceeds donated to the American Heart Association.